Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Volunteering at the Austin PBS Summer Pledge Drive


On Sunday, August 2nd I had the opportunity to participate in the PBS channel's summer pledge drive. My role was to take calls to assist in the fundraising for Austin’s KLRU-PBS station.

The program that I supported featured Willie Nelson and Asleep at the Wheel, which was taped earlier this year for Austin City Limits’ 35th anniversary season. The new episode marks the first time the two recording legends have shared the ACL stage. I met Ray Benson from Asleep at the Wheel which I enjoyed because I have heard the band many times and danced to their music at Broken Spoke, Austin and Gruene Hall, New Braunfels.

I have been involved with KLRU-PBS since my internship at the UT College of Communication. I was selected to volunteer at the PBS station to support my Bachelor of Science in Advertising degree. The UT communication department has grown into one of the top programs in the country and continues to strive toward best serving its students and the advertising/pr industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment